Disclaimer!!!

This blog is intended for discussion purposes only and is in no way meant to take away from the original blogs being discussed. Any blogs, news articles, etc... will be linked and given credit. We encourage you to visit all links posted.







PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION OF ANYONE DISCUSSED ON THIS BLOG. WE NEED TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN EVEN IF THEIR PARENT'S WON'T.



TO READ THE DAILY DRIVEL, Although she says it will no longer be daily, and only about once a week...

http://emilysbellybutton.blogspot.com/


Monday, February 8, 2010

Why Oven Free? By Plurabelle

For WTF Wednesdays, I've decided to answer one of the questions submitted to me in the comments that I then obsessively delete. Dan and I strive towards and oven-free lifestyle. What does this mean?

Simplicity
Using more than one appliance to cook, ever, is inefficient and wastes time and money. If I were to make soda in the crockpot and turn on the oven to bake tinned bread at the same time, the electricity cost is $0.0053 for each loaf. However if I put everything in the crockpot it only costs $0.0062.

Being a Family Together
Since am committed to homeschooling our children I purpose to make everything I do with my kids a learning opportunity. Ovens are simply not educational. With the wonderwash, my kids can learn science by watching me combine soapnuts and dirty diapers. With the crockpot Dan is learning his fundamentals in chemistry by seeing paste and half rotted cheese turn into yummy quesadillas. Bobby is learning fine motorskills by helping me roll the dough for my gloodles. If we used the oven we would lose this time as a family.

Our Plan
Once Dan becomes a preacher we have a plan to homestead out of a jumbo sized dumpster with a built in loft. While trash bins often have electric outlets, allowing for essentials like the Wonderwash and the Crockpot, few comercial waste conveyance have gas hookups . To use an oven would require us to change our plan. The oven ties us to a place with a gas hookup. That is not our plan.

9 comments:

  1. This one actually sounds like something emily would write. I love the bolds where appropriate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering the fact that she SERIOUSLY considered converting a 53' semi-trailer into a home for her, Dan and up to 10 children, the whole living in a dumpster thing is not that far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gizmola--not just a home, a TWO STORY home.

    Details matter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. subzero refrigerator repair

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: Dacor, Viking, Wolf, KitchenAid, Ovens Repair Marina Del Rey

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: Subzero repair Malibu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. Dacor, Viking, Wolf, KitchenAid, Ovens Repair Moorpark

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic. Refrigerator, Dryer, Washer, Stove, Oven, Range, BBQ Repair in Mission Canyon

    ReplyDelete