Disclaimer!!!

This blog is intended for discussion purposes only and is in no way meant to take away from the original blogs being discussed. Any blogs, news articles, etc... will be linked and given credit. We encourage you to visit all links posted.







PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION OF ANYONE DISCUSSED ON THIS BLOG. WE NEED TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN EVEN IF THEIR PARENT'S WON'T.



TO READ THE DAILY DRIVEL, Although she says it will no longer be daily, and only about once a week...

http://emilysbellybutton.blogspot.com/


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Meet Kevin, Our Pet Bacon Fat!


Months ago, I posted about my husbands preference for lean, quality meats. Since then, I have bought dollar store bacon, in an attempt to clog his arteries and kill any joy he may have in life. Bacon is thin slices of pig that we fry up and add to our eggs. Jesus says it's ok to eat bacon now. Although we call our bacon fat Kevin, his fat is actually a community of many slices of bacon.

When we first got Kevin, we had to put him in the crotchpot for a few days, then he was ready to get to work. Every day or two, Dna pours off the Kevin's grease into a jar. He then puts the slices of kevin back in the crotchpot. If you will notice, we have left the lid off Kevin. This is so he can get air, and we are hoping to get a colony of flies for meat. If I can get the larvae before they turn to flies, these will be added to the sprouted rice oatmeal. This will pack an extra nutritional punch.
The grease that Kevin gives us can be made into numerous things. Brad had fleas so we used the grease from Kevin to smother the fleas. I used a coating of the grease on little Dna's crib mattress to repel the pee, now I don't even have to wipe it off, it beads up and rolls away. This is my idea of a self cleaning house!
Dna sometimes tries to make sodas out of Kevin. For Sprite he he adds some lemon juice and lime juice. For cream soda, he just adds vanilla. For a cola-like beverage, he adds vanilla, cinnamon and lime juice. He was sad that we couldn't make Kevin into Mountain Dew though.
Kevin is not only a nourishing alternative and a step towards the plan, he is a money saver.
We paid a dollar at Dollar Tree for him, and he just keeps on giving. Pets generally are not frugal, but there are useful pets, like our Bacon Fat, Kevin, who save us money.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for the much needed humor today. I find your blog so much more entertaining. You are very gifted writers. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Hilarious!! Kevin Bacon lmao!! I'm dying here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh but you need some dirty grout, crumbs, stains, and other assorted crap in the background of that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon 12:35, I thought about that, but I don't have any grout. That was the rattiest kitchen towel I could find.

    I have a Gloodle making post I'm working on, and I'll be sure to add some dog hair and belly button lint to that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, my stomach churned at some of that, entertaining, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Please tell me that you strain the grease with one your dirty skirts. Because otherwise, you're just not doing it according to The Plan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rattiest towel you have still has crisp folds in it! I'm laughing myself silly....

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you look in the top left hand corner of that towel, there is some weird black stain. I should have got more of that in the picture. I think that stain came from something when we went camping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm over here rolling on the floor this was so funny!!!! LOVE IT. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! What a hoot!

    Confession, I keep bacon drippings in a bowl in my fridge. I use it for seasoning refried beans, fried potatoes, hash browns, green beans, and such.

    As of now, that bowl of white fat is MY Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anon @ 4:48, those bacon drippings would taste better if you left them unopened on the counter. When your bowl of white fat is left out in the open, it actually becomes a vegetable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am crying I am laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete