Disclaimer!!!

This blog is intended for discussion purposes only and is in no way meant to take away from the original blogs being discussed. Any blogs, news articles, etc... will be linked and given credit. We encourage you to visit all links posted.







PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION OF ANYONE DISCUSSED ON THIS BLOG. WE NEED TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN EVEN IF THEIR PARENT'S WON'T.



TO READ THE DAILY DRIVEL, Although she says it will no longer be daily, and only about once a week...

http://emilysbellybutton.blogspot.com/


Monday, February 8, 2010

A contribution from Counteressrascal with bolding by Liz Lemon

DISHES VS PAPER-

We are still trying to get our expenses below $1,000 per month so we can buy some more Star Trek stuff also is telling us he would like a friend, he is getting lonely just hanging there in the bathroom.

I have been looking at other ways to save money-one area I have not looked at was washing dishes. It cost me $1.00 per bottle of dish soap at the Dollar Store, out of that bottle I can wash my beloved crock-pot, skillet, cooking utensils and dishes 30 times, and that comes out to .0333 per load. I realized this could be a real money saver if I could figure out another way. So I have been researching this on the internet, looked at many different things to save me money. First thing I looked at was paper plates, I could buy 150 of them at the Dollar Store for $1.00, that would .015 per person per meal, that would be .045 per meal, only using three plates because little Dan and Bobby could share.

Then I looked at the possibility of all of us sharing one plate, we tried that however Dan, the Preacher Man ate all the food and it started a big fight. Looked at using paper towels, however I have given up them because they are a waste of money, I use old diapers instead. Then I came up with the perfect answer. Since I do mystery shopping at fast food restaurants I would take extra paper napkins home to use, that would mean they would be free. I still had the issue with cutlery and cooking things, they needed to be clean. So I now take plastic cutlery and bring empty dish wash soap bottle and go into the bathroom and fill it up with hand wash soap, my problem is solved I now save an extra dollar a month. Then I also take salt and pepper home along with ketchup and any other little packets they have lying around. That saves me another $.50 per month. I am well on my way of buying that new Star Trek DVD.

Next week I will explain the cost of planting vegetables in my inside garden, along with why I do not plant herbs. Have to run, I think Big Dan got lost taking out the garbage, he has been gone for about 30 minutes, the last time it took him so long I found him going through other people garbage looking for food. Found him eating a Twinkle and he also had three bags of Doritos stuffed in his pockets. I feed him well I don’t know why he keeps doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment