Disclaimer!!!

This blog is intended for discussion purposes only and is in no way meant to take away from the original blogs being discussed. Any blogs, news articles, etc... will be linked and given credit. We encourage you to visit all links posted.







PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION OF ANYONE DISCUSSED ON THIS BLOG. WE NEED TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN EVEN IF THEIR PARENT'S WON'T.



TO READ THE DAILY DRIVEL, Although she says it will no longer be daily, and only about once a week...

http://emilysbellybutton.blogspot.com/


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ask Aunt Fundie

With the demise of our favorite blog we’ve decided to institute a new and exciting feature here at Under1000BrainCells – Ask Aunt Fundie. We ask a collection of demure ladies of virtue to answer all your calls for advice. We are confident that you will find much of value in what these daughters of God have to say.

Dear Aunt Fundie,


I’m a stay at home daughter of 42. I love to serve my family and reverence my father. I spend time playing the harp, reading scripture, and honing my domestic skills for when the one God intended for me finds me to bring me to his castle to be under his authority. However, neither of my parents are believers and don’t seem to understand that I need my father’s protection. Almost every day they ask when I’m going to grow up, get a job and move out. My father even orders me out of the bathroom when I attempt to shave him. In fact, last week I came home from a refreshing nature walk to find the locks changed on the house. I had to climb in the basement window to get back inside. I’ve been living in the basement without their knowledge. How can I make them understand that God wishes me to stay at home until I find a Godly marriage?


Signed,
Squatting in the Lord


Dear SITL,


Many times our parents think they know best but their heads are turned by a secular world that does not support ladies such as you in their walk with the Lord. I would take this opportunity to pray for your parents, that God might turn their hearts towards Him. In the meantime, I implore you to not leave the basement. But you can use this time in confinement to hone some of the skills that you’ll need when you do emerge and find a loving husband. Why not use old Christmas wrapping paper to paper the walls of the basement? Just because you are squatting in your parents’ home doesn’t mean you can’t still work as a daughter of God. When your parents are at work, take time to climb out the window and scrounge for food – which will help you to stay frugal. Remember that every time you climb in or out you are working your arm muscles – a must for a warrior of God. Stay strong and do not let them break your will for you are a child of God first and foremost.

Dear Aunt Fundie,


I am nineteen and am engaged to a wonderful, Godly man. We had a traditional courtship and are very excited about starting a new life and possibly a new family together. My mother has taken the time to teach me how to run a home with grace and in the glory of God. I can sew, bake, cook from scratch, decorate, do my crafts and I love to be surrounded by little ones. The only area in life in which she has not counseled me is what happens my wedding night and thereafter. I understand the mechanics of intimate relations but I am unsure as to what are accepted practices in a Godly marriage. Help!


Signed,
Hot to Trot for the Lord

Dear HTTFTL,


This is a very common concern of young ladies. Especially those who have limited knowledge of what is expected of a willing and submissive wife. Let me start by saying that once you are married you are the vessel of your husband, whether it be carrying his children in your glorious womb or submitting to his need for pleasure. Be happy that God has designed your body and his to glorify Him through coming together physically. Don’t be ashamed of expressing love and your commitment to Jesus by engaging in a variety of love acts with your husband. Some accepted practices include Dirty Sanchez, Donkey Punch, Doggie Style, the Tony Danza, Golden Shower, Cleveland Steamer and Pulling a Train. If you are unfamiliar with these terms, find a wise woman to counsel you. Just know that when you’re being doused with urine while tied up with leather and your husband is whipping you with a flounder you are expressing your love for Jesus. Praise be!

Dear Aunt Fundie,


I have been married to a wonderful man for three years. We have never used birth control as we wish as many blessings as God sees fit to send us. However, we have never conceived. Concerned, we contacted a doctor who informed us that we are infertile. I am so despondent. What do I do?


Signed,
Barren in Boise

Dear BIB,


As you know, a QF woman’s worth is only determined through the usefulness of her womb and the number of blessings she expels. Therefore, you are a complete and total failure as a woman. Without a multitude of children how do you know that your life is full and rich? Sure, you can have hobbies, friends, family and the love of a good, Godly man, but unless your womb is stretched like a pair of leggings on a fat chick you know that you are not fulfilling the only role created for you. I feel for your situation though I am abundant in children, having 118 blessings of my own. In fact, I am so blessed that my womb often falls out as I walk down the street. I scoop it up, stuff it back in (in a ladylike fashion) and feel so honored that God has tortured my ladyparts in this way. As we ATIers don’t believe in adoption as the adopted child will bring their birth parents’ sin into your home, I guess you have nothing left to live for. Good luck!

Feel free to leave question for Aunt Fundie to answer in future posts. May the good Lord be with you and may your womb flutter with delight.

27 comments:

  1. OMG, LOVE that last one! You made me spit my water out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good god this post was hilarious!! Keep them coming. ROTFLMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please keep them coming. Do lots of fundie parodies with the occasional nod to freaky emily when she rears her snippy head.

    I would also love to see some more "correspondence" between emily and dna.

    I really appreciate what you do. PLEASE don't shut down--this is one of the best sites currently on the internet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tony Danza?!!! I was keeping it together just fine until that part. Dude, I'm dying laughing over here!

    I've often wondered the fundies stance on adoption and infertility (including assisted reproduction). Are there real articles I could read?

    thanks!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I don't know about real articles about adoption & infertility - some of that was just rumors I've heard and made up junk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that was hilarious!!! I had to stop eating lunch, I was laughing so hard. I have to show my husband this one, he'll love it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic. I cannot stop laughing. I haven't even seen the blog this is making fun of, but I can only imagine. I really lost it at the picture of the womb falling out...

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I guess you have nothing left to live for. Good luck!"

    That is PERFECT and just what a fundie would respond with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm at work.
    Had to look up the list of sex acts.
    O.M.F.G.
    Hope they aren't "watching" this computer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I have to correct you about your last question regarding the QF view of children. It is absolutely NOT that a woman's worth comes only in having children. In fact, the primary message of the QF movement is to accept whatever God's will is for your life in terms of children. If this means you are infertile, it means accepting this reality.

    I know it's a joke, but this is a really common misunderstanding from people outside the QF movement and I do think it should be addressed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I've often wondered the fundies stance on adoption and infertility (including assisted reproduction). Are there real articles I could read?"

    Fundies feel that adoption is a calling to resond to the needs of orphans. Many, many QF families adopt regardless of if they can have children or not.

    As for infertility treatment, it depends on the cause of the infertility. If a woman has, for example, blocked tubes, it is appropriate to get medical care to correct this physical issue. However, as a general rule they do not agree with using any means other than sexual intercourse to achieve pregnancy. So no IUI or IVF. I hope that clears things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For an example of a QF mom who's pretty much the anti-Emily try http://bethany.preciousinfants.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anon 2:38pm - I think you miss the point. This is a parody, it's satire. Therefore, it's full of exaggeration and hyperbole. In other words, it's a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This may just be me, but I for one am not at all interested in knowing what fundies really think/believe about adoption, infertility, abortion, etc. I love reading this site for the parody and would HATE to see it become a mouthpiece for real fundies who are going to learn us all about their views, or DOG forbid see arguing back and forth. There are PLENTY of sites for that kind of stuff.

    Honestly, Auntie Fundie is a JOKE. No one is really looking for answers to the hilarious questions posted.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anon 2:41PM - thanks for the info, I was genuinely curious. And frankly (this is in response to Anon 4:00PM), I'm just too lazy and/or scared to look on a *real* fundie-run site. So, again, thanks. :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gizmola, I know it's a joke, but it's a joke based on misinformation that is often assumed about the QF movement. The idea isn't to have as many children as possible as some sort of contest or something or to prove your worth as a woman, but that's often how people perceive it.

    I was as disgusted with Emily as anyone, but I don't think it's fair to hold her up as a representative sample of the QF movement (even though she says she's not a part of it, she pretty much believes everything they do in terms of child bearing).

    My point is that there are lots of normal people who care for their children and homes in normal ways who happen to believe that control of fertility is best left to God. Emily's problems would exist if she had 1 child or 10, because they were mostly due to her attitude and unwillingness to make her house safe. I just hate to see this turn into a bash on people who are doing a good job running their families/lives just because one person happens to be doing poorly.

    It would be like judging all single people by the crazy cat woman or something. Think of it that way. Emily = the crazy cat woman of the QF world.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have GOT to keep this going, giz. Got. To. Otherwise I will have nothing to laugh about after a long day at work. Aunt Fundie is awesome!!! How 'bout making every Friday "Aunt Fundie Friday"?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anon 4:34pm - come on, you're taking this too seriously. Relax. This is supposed to be for fun. If you're really bothered, don't read.

    Anon 5:02pm - I have no problem with Aunt Fundie Friday. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anon 4:34 pm - I don't believe anyone here paints all fundies with the emily brush. The Aunt Fundie parody didn't even mention emily; however, I do have to say that the Aunt Fundie questions and responses are not that far off of fundie things I read all over the internet and hear about in real life. Parody is only really funny when there is some truth to it.

    I can't imagine that if you are as normal as you say you are that you wouldn't get the joke and know that the parody is not based on "misinformation". It's based on fun. Please, don't take the fun out of fundie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Aunt Fundy
    My husbands ummm manhood is very small! Is this normal? is there anything I can do to help it grow? Or am I just doomed to be unsatisfied?
    Unstuffed

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think I came close to splitting my surgical incision open when I got to the list of sex acts. I'm going to go insane unless I Google the couple I can't recall the meaning of.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This. Was. Awesome.

    Other anonymous going on and on about QF, to tell you the truth I don't see Emily as "QF". Maybe someday, but not now. Probably because her uterus isn't in danger of prolapsing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  23. *donkey punch*
    Someone should enlighten dna to that act...just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  24. QF is a philosophy, not a certain number of children. If you agree with allowing God to control of fertility, you are QF. It doesn't matter if you have 15 kids, 3 kids, or no kids.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Unstuffed @ 80t6PM

    Kate honey, go downstairs to your new dance studio and work it off. The little peepee guy doesn't live there anymore.

    T.L.C.

    ReplyDelete