Disclaimer!!!

This blog is intended for discussion purposes only and is in no way meant to take away from the original blogs being discussed. Any blogs, news articles, etc... will be linked and given credit. We encourage you to visit all links posted.







PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION OF ANYONE DISCUSSED ON THIS BLOG. WE NEED TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN EVEN IF THEIR PARENT'S WON'T.



TO READ THE DAILY DRIVEL, Although she says it will no longer be daily, and only about once a week...

http://emilysbellybutton.blogspot.com/


Friday, March 5, 2010

Ask Aunt Fundie Friday

Due to popular demand, Under1000BrainCells will continue to encourage young ladies and wise women by showcasing Aunt Fundie and her Biblical advice on issues dear to our readers’ hearts. This will be a regular Friday occurrence so keep those questions coming, loyal readers!

Dear Aunt Fundie,


I am an obedient and subservient daughter, a child of God who strives to live as a lady of virtue. I love to take care of my younger brothers and sisters. I help around the house, play the harp and love nothing more than to curl up with my knitting. I look forward to guiding my own home one day and welcoming as many blessings as God sees fit to send me. But I do live with a dirty secret. Under my prairie dress I often wear pants. I can’t seem to stop. I wear leggings, khakis and even, once, a pair of jeans. I don’t know what to do to combat this rebellious spirit in me!

Signed,


Fashion Fundie

Dear FF,


First of all, I’m so grateful to God that you admit you have a problem. Now the healing can begin. The first thing you need to do is to stop right away. Burn the evil, Satan-influenced pants. As you know, the Bible says that women should not wear the garments of men. By wearing pants you are putting yourself on the same level as a man and we all know that as women we are not only the weaker vessel but put here on this earth by God’s grace to serve men. You are upsetting the natural balance of the world by encasing your legs in fabric like that. Further, if a man were to catch a glimpse of the hem of your pants from under your feminine skirts they might think of your bottom in tight fitting pants and therefore they will be defrauded and it will be your fault for leading them astray. Also, by wearing pants you are just a hop, skip and a jump away from becoming a full blown, carpet munching, granola eating, Lilith Fair attending lesbian. Then there will be no hope for you at all and you will burn in hell for all eternity. Hope this helps!

Dear Aunt Fundie,


I am a young man very interested in a young lady of impeccable virtue. Her father, however, is unsure that I am right for his daughter. We have fellowshipped a number of times and he says that I’ve impressed him with my Biblical knowledge and my commitment to the Lord. His only reservation is that his daughter doesn’t seem to like me much and he thinks it’s important that she feels called by the Lord to become the one God intended for me. I am sure she is the one for me. What can I do to convince her?


Signed,


Lovesick in Louisiana

Dear LIL,


First of all, the only opinion that matters is her father’s. If she doesn’t feel the hand of God on her heart guiding her towards you and a life of children and homemaking, then it is only her father that can move her to her true path. Too many young ladies today are laboring under the impression that their views on marriage and a partner should be considered. This is patently in opposition to the Bible. In the Bible it states that the father has authority over the young lady and only during the marriage ceremony should authority be transferred to the husband. Your role is to convince her father that you are the right one. Then he should take a firm hand to guide her to her role as your wife. I am concerned that this father may not be strong enough if he is stupid enough to consider his daughter’s opinion in the first place. Is this really the family you wish to join? Look for other clues about their commitment to the Lord: does she shave her father, type his ministry paperwork, help with the younger children, study in a prayer closet and submit to every thought, feeling, and belief of her father’s? If not, then perhaps this is not the right girl for you. Women are to be without their own minds and opinions, only those instilled by their parents and by God. I suggest you seek elsewhere for your intended. You don’t want to get stuck with a free-thinking woman who believes she has any authority over her own life.

Dear Aunt Fundie,


What are your tip for raising Godly children? My children seem to be out of control. They are willful, defiant and opinionated. My eldest daughter actually refused to get out of bed, stating that she was tired. The day before she had done nothing more than make breakfast for the fifteen children, clean the house, do the twelve loads of laundry, weed the flower beds, harvest the garden, can twenty-five jars of tomatoes, supervise homeschooling, make lunch, vacuum, make the beds, paint the living room, wash the cars, take care of the babies, make dinner and cleaned up afterwards. What can I do to impress upon her that my will matters, not hers?


Signed,


Fed Up in Phoenix

Dear FUIP,


My first question for parents of willful children is to ask how they had been trained since birth. As you may guess, we are great proponents of the Pearls and their Godly way of training up a child. I do hope that you had used either a switch, a length of plumbers piping or a heavy tree limb to swat your daughter the moment she came home from the hospital. If you did not, then there’s your problem. You have trained her to be disobedient. The fault lies upon your heart. But, do not despair as there is a way to lead her back to her true path as a child of God and a willing servant in your home. I suggest that with kind but firm words you remind her that your husband is her true authority. If that does not sway her rebel heart then I would recommend that you start beating her with a shoe. As a child grows older, it’s easier for them to turn you into the authorities. However, a shoe with a soft rubber sole will leave no marks. So even if CPS shows up on your doorstep you cannot be charged as there will be no evidence. See how beautifully God plans things? Praise to Jesus. She’ll fall in line soon enough if you are consistent. Each time she talks back, balks at her responsibilities or attempts to engage you in an argument I would beat her about the head until she is silent. You’ll be amazed at how quickly this tip and God’s will shall work on her troubled heart.

25 comments:

  1. Check out Em's belly button (God, that sounds awful) she's already adding advertisement. Curious whther or not Blogher will allow her to place ads on this blog too. If they do, I'm contacting their advertisers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a full blown, carpet munching, granola eating, Lilith Fair attending lesbian."

    That made my morning.

    I would like to get the Pearls alone and "train" them with some lead pipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "a full blown, carpet munching, granola eating, Lilith Fair attending lesbian."


    SOOOOO hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the last comment is a parody of the Pearls. Did you hear that another child has died at the hands of parents following their advice? So, so sad.

    http://www.examiner.com/x-23788-Mankato-Attachment-Parenting-Examiner~y2010m2d24-Another-childs-death-linked-to-Pearls-and-To-Train-Up-a-Child

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the Pearls are pure evil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. peed my pants laughing! Go Giz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I scared a girl in my class laughing at the "heavy tree limb" part. Well. Played.

    Also, I'd like to have Jigsaw "play a game" with the Pearls. Ugh, evil people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ads are back on Emily's site.

    Shocking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. she's back..check out the under100amonthblog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate that gospel for Asia plug on her website.
    Asians are doing fine with their own culture and religions and these missionaries have to take it upon themselves to go screw up the world.
    If what they believe in is so damn awesome they should not have to try so hard for followers!
    I hate missionaries, they promise the world to people in poverty just so they can drum up their numbers, sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jay, actually Gospel for Asia is run by people within the individual countries.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just popping in to say... I am *stunned* by the number of requests for her to repost her disgusting recipes! I can't believe people use them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. have you also noticed that dnas blog has been updated more often when emily had her blog dnas was not used now emily isnt posting on hers & dnas is updated almost every day?

    ReplyDelete
  14. On the nasty belly bottom site I saw something and I thought I would ask about it. There was a comment from Organized Mom(or something she has a pretty cool site) Well in her comment she pretty much tells Emily that she doesn't have the experience as a Mother to be a good blogger BUT that isn't the part that caught my eye she mentioned she got 4000 page views a month and BlogHer made her $39 a month. So how many page clicks would Emily have be be getting to make $1500. I am calling bull shit on her $1500.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just wanted to say that I'm a devout Christian, and also a frugal zealot, and I even once defended Emily when someone called her an "a**hole." Then she started posting stuff that really disturbed me, and I wished that I hadn't said anything.

    I came across this blog by accident, but I think your "Dear Aunt Fundie" column is just hilarious! I sincerely believe that some of these "quiverful" people have serious problems, and make the rest of us Christians look bad. We're not all like that. Honest! Some of us are actually quite normal and down to earth.

    Also, I'm very frugal, but my children have beds (with sheets and blankets!), clean clothes, and nutritious food. They even get chips and ice cream, and I've never once made them eat "dirty laundry cheese."

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Giz & Under - everything ok??

    ReplyDelete
  17. A comment by Emily on her latest post...
    "During each pregnacy, I have devoted a few months designing and sewing baby girl dresses (then given most away with the arrival of each boy)."
    Do you think she hates her kids because they're boys? I wonder if she would treat girls differently...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just wondering too, is everything okay?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just very, very busy with work, etc. I still plan on at least a new Aunt Fundie post on Friday and hopefully something else in between.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm still here. I had an unexpected family situation and had to travel out of town for a bit.

    I've been busy with that, work and school (almost finished!) but I hope to get back in the groove next week sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Giz and Under1000,

    Glad to hear that you are just busy. I LOVE this site and can't wait for you to be back. I haven't clicked over to Em's sites once while you've been gone so you need to catch me (and probably many others) up on her shenanigans. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've checked into both of Emily's sites and nothing is happening. On the BB site, she tried to stir up some controversy over SAHMs and working mothers... didn't work.

    At FH, last week was on decorating(actually colouring) and this week, well, she grows enough lettuce for her family in a tin can. Very few comments.

    She'll soon have to come out of hiding because she certainly isn't making any money or attention.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rolling at "a full blown, carpet munching, granola eating, Lilith Fair attending lesbian." OMG lmao.

    Sadie@
    nelliebugs-swaps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. bare solied matresses (because all the linen has vomit on it) waiting for their keifer lemonaid while Dan shoved his face with gloodles.... Actually, I'm sure that's not far from the truth...and pretty sad. discount memory foam mattress

    ReplyDelete
  25. The blog provides the definite and authentic information. I truly prefer your style and your authenticity has made up my mind to come again and read the blog to increase my knowledge.
    ladies silk trousers

    ReplyDelete