Disclaimer!!!

This blog is intended for discussion purposes only and is in no way meant to take away from the original blogs being discussed. Any blogs, news articles, etc... will be linked and given credit. We encourage you to visit all links posted.







PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION OF ANYONE DISCUSSED ON THIS BLOG. WE NEED TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN EVEN IF THEIR PARENT'S WON'T.



TO READ THE DAILY DRIVEL, Although she says it will no longer be daily, and only about once a week...

http://emilysbellybutton.blogspot.com/


Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ask Aunt Fundie Friday

Editor's Note: Since Aunt Fundie will be attending a three day revival this weekend she asked me to post this on Thursday. She hopes that all her gentle readers will have a blessed weekend while she spends her weekend in prayer, growing closer to the Lord and showing off her new headcovering. God Bless! 

Dear Aunt Fundie,


My father has been approached by a young man wishing to enter into courtship with me. I have been a dutiful stay at home daughter for all of my nineteen years and I am ready to be a wife and a mother, as God has intended. I am, however, worried about this courtship as I’ve read of other Godly young ladies who have been courted, only to see it end badly. What tips can you give me for making sure he is the one God has for me?


Signed,
Eager in Edgarstown

Dear EIE,


First of all, congratulations on your possible courtship! How wonderful it is that your parents have not fallen in step with the evils of the secular world that preaches freedom and independence for young women such as yourself. I’m so glad they have steered you towards a Biblical method of finding a spouse. Most importantly, listen to what your father says about this young man. He knows better than you how God is guiding your life and your future happiness. You cannot go wrong in putting yourself under your father’s authority and proceeding forward as he sees fit. Secondly, I’d pay close attention to the behavior of this young man when in your presence. Many a Godly young man in appearance will show themselves to be nothing but a wolf in sheep’s clothing in due time. Does he try to hold your hand and therefore spoil your purity? Does he encourage you to speak your mind, thereby insinuating that he would not be a strong head of the household and your spiritual leader? Young men should be on the path of becoming Command Men who are dominant and expect their wives to wait on them hand and foot, who never yields to a wife’s complaints or thoughts, who expects their wives to be loyal, faithful and obedient. If your young man does not exhibit these tendencies to complete dominate you until you have no recognizable sense of self, then you need to pray that this courtship doesn’t proceed.

Dear Aunt Fundie,

I was not always blessed to be a card carrying fundie. I was once a daughter of the world. I smoke, drank, wore pants, spoke my mind, had pre-marital sex, defied my parents, considered myself equal to a man, had a career and was an unabashed atheist. Now that God has touched my heart and put me back on my true path as a woman who seeks only to fulfill her Biblical duty to marry and have children, be a keeper at home and a cheerful help meet, allowing her precious womb to be opened only by God’s loving hands, I find it hard to find a man who will overlook my past impurities and see me for the loving daughter of Christ I am now. How can I get them to see beyond my past to see the real me?


Signed,
Lonely in Laredo
Dear LIL,


You are spoiled goods now. No Christ loving man will want his sacred baby making tool of power near your soiled and dying lady flower. Your womb is not a place of innocent beauty but now a wreckage of dishonor. A woman’s worth is only determined by the status of their hymen. You’ll most definitely burn in hell. Have a sunshine day!



Aunt Fundie,


I am a 25 year old stay at home mom with a wealth of experience, knowledge, wisdom and intelligence. In fact, I’m something of an internet celebrity and sensation. I’m withholding my name due to privacy reasons as there are people who are out to get me. But you know who I am. You probably read me religiously in order to learn how to cook, keep house and properly mother your children. My point is this – I am a perfect submissive wife and loving mother yet I keep feeling drawn back to the career I had before I gave birth. I look back and wonder what heights I could’ve climbed if I had continued with my very important work.


Signed,
Melancholy in Maine

Dear MIM,


You need to ignore these feelings as they are just drawing attention away from your role as mother and help meet. Yes, there are women with barren wombs and evil hearts who are called to be doctors, lawyers, teachers, researchers, artists, writers and world leaders. Of course, we know they are really dead and empty inside, just like their shriveled up wombs. Bask in the knowledge that by cooking nutritious meals from scratch, homeschooling your children and serving your husband, you are the one really making a difference. Sure, women in science might cure cancer but to do so they are forgoing their true calling from God and any sense of pride they have is diminished by their sense of loss and broken hearts at not having a multitude of children. Further, women who work emasculate their husbands. By earning money outside the home women tell their earthly kings that they aren’t providing well enough for their families. By working as a doctor or a teacher a woman is showing their daughters a terrible, unbiblical example. How are little girls to grow up and know their place behind men if mom is in a position of authority over men in the workplace? And if little girls grow up feeling empowered then they will demand education, a worldly education that will take them out from under the protection of their fathers, into the world where they most likely will become prostitutes and drug addicts.

14 comments:

  1. I very rarely laugh out loud, but after the second sentence from Melancholy in Maine, I was doubled over! Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO - "You'll most definitely burn in hell. Have a sunshine day!" LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Aunt Fundy:

    I am a 33 y/old lawyer. My husband is a teacher, and we have two children. After they were born, we began attending a local church and have begun growing closer and closer to God.

    My husband now believes that, to honor God, I must quit my job, submit to him (my husband), and stay home making fresh bread in the crock pot and washing clothes in a wonder wash.

    I want to follow God's path but I have some concerns. I make a quarter if a million dollars/year, my husband makes $25/K. Needless to say, it is my income that pays the bills, including my student loan payments and the mortgage on our house. On his salary we would only be able to afford a one bedroom apartment, we would have to default on my school loans, and I don't even think we would be able to afford new matresses for our children. We certainly could not pay for dental care.

    I suggested that my husband stay home (his salary is a pittance after taxes anyway) but he says that this is not God's plan. But I love our big house, cleaning lady, washing machine, and my children's full mouth of teeth. Do you think it would be Godly if we photoshopped my husband's name onto my diploma and transcripts, he got a job as a lawyer, and I wrote his briefs and memos for him (he would dictate them, of course, as that as God's will)? That way we could keep the house but I would still be at home, doing God's work and submitting to my husband. Or must we give up the house, declare bankruptcy, and learn to get by on 1/10 our former income? And do I really have to use a WonderWash and a crockpot? I don't mean to be a forward harlot, but I have looked through the Bible several times - even checked the annotations - and I can't find anything that commands me to let the oven sit empty or to wash my clothes four at a time in the Wonder Wash.

    Your sister in Jesus,
    Devoted (but doubting) (wife of?) JD
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Aunt Fundie,

    I m a true daughter of Christ and I want to live in a way that honours Him! My husband, however, does not. We married when we were 17 years old (we're 23 now) and lately he says he married me because his parents told him to! I am so distraught that he cannot see that God put me in his father's heart as His perfect will for my husband's life!

    My husband wants me to get a job, stop wearing "frumpy" dresses, and even to take birth control! We haven't been intimate in two years because he says he is not ready to be a father, but I want to allow God to open my womb when he sees fit! I pray every night that my husband will see The Truth, and yet I feel horrible that I am not being the good submissive wife I was raised to be! I wonder if God is not blessing us with children because I am failing to honour my husband with perfect submission to his will? Maybe God is testing me. When my husband says that he would rather get divorced than continue trying to make our marriage work I thank God for the trials and tribulations he hs bestowed upon me! Sometimes worship is a sacrifice but it is always a blessing! Praise God!

    Aunt Fundie, should I submit to my husband's will or continue doing what God tells me in my heart is right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back Aunt Fundie.

    Hi Emily! How's that lettuce growing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!!! keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is up with the Photobucket ad in the middle of Em's belly button page? I have a hard time reading the...ahem...content...of her blog because of the ad that she wasn't going to put on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy- that's not an ad, apparently she's exceeded her bandwith on her photobucket account or something of that nature, and she needs to upgrade to continue.

    Did anyone notice her post on Frugal Hacks last week? As if we didn't know Emily has no idea how many vegetables a family needs, she took it upon herself to call greens a rip-off. She said she grows all their greens in coffee cans on her window sill. Then when they want big salads, she just takes a handfull off each plant. Then all 20 commenters told her that thre was no way they could grow enough greens in coffee cans on the windowsill to make salads for an entire family on a regular basis. Of Course, dear old Em never came back to defend herself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did see that on Frugal Hacks and it was a joke. We are a family of 4(ones a toddler) and we eat about a head of lettuce a day. That is not including the 3 apples, 2-3 oranges, 1 banana, handfuls of grapes, and tons of other fresh veggies we eat. She is a joke. There is a site The Thirfty Mama and she coupons like non other and her family eats amazing tons of fresh fruit/veggies and lots of organic stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! Thanks, Anon8:59. So does that mean she would have to pay for a photobucket account then? I can't see her doing that. Well, I can see her doing that. I can't see her admitting to paying for anything for her blog though.

    That Frugal Hacks post was such a joke. I don't think even her diehard sycophants could defend that one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't deal with that floating photobucket thing. Usually on other blogs, it' just blacks out the photos. It makes me sick to my stomach (I cant' do 3d either for the same reason).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Aunt Fundie;

    First, I would like to say that you're advice has so often been a blessing to me. Yah truly uses you too set me on his holy path and convict me of sin.

    I'm writing because I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Last week my father caught me in my prayer closet (its not uncommon for me to be in there 5 hours a day!!1!) looking at college brochures. I tried to explain to my blessed father that I was not considering attending such a worldlie cesspool as a public university, that I was merely praying for the poor girls who feel Yah has called them to forsake there beloved parent's and be thrown like sheep to the wolfs of the halls of Babylon herself.

    Now my dear father won't even look at me! He won't let me shave him in the morning or tie his shoes before he goes to work. I have confessed in my heart of heart's before Yah and feel he has forgiven me, but what about my father? I would gladlie serve him as a keeper at home and his second helpmeet for the rest of my life, if only he would forgive me.

    Disheartened in Denver

    ReplyDelete
  13. So excited to continue to follow you on your new path, always loved reading your blog posts and following your adventures.thanks kwiproductreviews

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much with regard to giving everyone an update on this issue on your website. Please be aware that if a brand-new post appears or in the event that any improvements occur on the current article, I would consider reading more and focusing on how to make good usage of those methods you discuss. Thanks for your efforts and consideration of others by making this blog available.

    Korean Air Purifier Brands

    Negative Ion Generator Reviews Consumer Reports

    Air Purifier Made In Germany

    ReplyDelete